We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world’s intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About Fixed Networks
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
Our FNPS Service Engineering team is seeking a full stack software developer of tools and processes supporting the automation and delivery of services for Nokias Fixed Networks Infrastructure customers.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Work on all parts of service solutions and contribute to every stage of the service lifecycle including software design, coding, testing, maintenance, and support.
- Work closely with architects and experienced engineers to deliver quality software and processes on time
- Work closely with product line managers and solution architects on solution requirements, specifications, and roadmap evolutions
- Support customer service introduction with project teams (e.g. Pilot or PoC)
- Participate in solution validation leading to acceptance (can be with 3rd parties)
- Help to resolves complex technical design issues
- Own, design, and implement new software features
- Help to identify issues to improve system performance
- Help to improve and scale existing tools and processes
- Facilitate and participate in root cause analysis of system issues
- Create software/system documentation and participate/contribute in requirements, design and code reviews
- Working experience with Linux/Unix development
- Experience with Front End frameworks (Angular, React)
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite database systems
- Knowledge of interface/API concepts (SOAP, REST, …) and tools (SOAPUI,..)
- Knowledge of git/gerrit.
- Familiarity with Agile processes and tools (Jira)
- Strong capability to learn new technical areas and products and to work with many different personalities of individuals, ensuring project commitments are met on time and with high quality
- Superior English communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Shall be able to work with globally distributed teams in different time zones. Shall be reasonably flexible to work anytime as required to accommodate different time-zones.
- Shall be a good blend of people skills, technical depth and business knowledge
- Likes to work on technical problems
- Flexible attitude, persistent team player
- Solutions oriented
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves.